The Buffalo Electronics VC-5S is two volume controls in one. It is a VC-5A with the option to jumper out the impedance protection when it is not needed. The VC-5S works equally well in either mode but has the added responsibility of paying attention to the controlling jumpers. If you want to drive a single listening zone with its own amplifier this is the volume control for you. Without the protective circuit the volume level increases allowing a lower power, less expensive amplifier to be used.
- 50 Watt RMS rating — Handles 150 Watts of music power
- Selectable mode: Automatic impedance protection mode or No protection mode
- Smooth, soft detent 11 position switch, 10 volume levels + off position
- Terminal block connectors accepts up to 12 AWG speaker wire
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 40,000 Hz, + 0 dB - 2 dB